Monday, January 17, 2011

Welcome To My Blog




Welcome to my blog. Several people have told me I should blog about my sewing and crafts. After a lot of thought, I have decided to give it a try.
About a year ago I decided I wanted to make bags, purses and totes and sell them on etsy. It has been many years since I have done serious sewing. My sewing skills came back very fast.  I am getting a little more creative with them. 
For 23 years I owned my own handcrafting business and then took a break for a few years. Now I am back doing what I love; making and creating new items
 I did all kinds of crafts and sewing projects. I did arts and craft fairs and boutiques. I sold to gift stores in the bay area. It was a little side job that I had a lot of fun with. Then as with most things in life situations change and interest in selling my crafts faded. 
Then I took a quilting class, and that sparked my interest in sewing again.
So the seed to start Cherie's Place on etsy was sown.
With this blog I am hoping to record my sewing adventures but also share some fun patterns and ideas with others. I am sure as I do more blogging the blogs will spread out from sewing. 
Drop in to my shop on etsy and check it out http://www.etsy.com/shop/CheriesPlace
Thanks for following.

No comments:

Post a Comment