Monday, January 31, 2011

Dolls

As a child I loved to play with dolls. As an adult I still love dolls. Over twenty years ago dolls became one of my favorite sewing projects. However, as the mother of two boys, dolls were not a request on the Christmas lists.
So, I channeled my love for dolls and started to make them for sale. I wish I knew how many I made in the few years I sold them. I am guessing it was around 400 dolls.
The patterns I used for my dolls were Carolee SewSweet Dolls. My favorite and most popular pattern was “Katie”. I wish now that I had made one for myself.
Here are some pictures of the dolls I made.
 
I now have a sweet granddaughter in my life, so once again I am inspired to make dolls.
This time around Raggedy Ann Dolls, Primitive Dolls and Waldorf Dolls are sparking my interest.

Here are some pictures of a little doll and purse I made. This doll is only eight inches tall. It was difficult to stuff her legs and arms. She is adorable, but I don’t think I would make this small a doll again. The bag and doll are perfect for that little one to take to a friend’s house, to the store, a ride in the car or to grandma’s house. This is an Oh Sew Dollin Pattern.    














No comments:

Post a Comment