Sunday, March 20, 2011

Jean Purse


I made my first jean purse. I love it when you can re-purpose clothing to make something else.
After I made my jean purse I thought of ways I could have embellished it. My next jean purse will be different from this one.



If you want to make your own jean purse, thrift stores and garage sales are great places to get old jeans. You should be able to pick up a nice used pair of jeans for under $5.00. If you want your purse already embellished get an old pair of jeans with the fancy pockets.
While you are looking for jeans, look for old scarves or belts that can be used as the strap or you can put them through the belt loops.
One way to embellish your jeans is to embroider or put patches on them. I lined my jean purse and put an inside pocket it.
There are many sites on the internet that give good directions on how to make jean purses.
I can’t wait to make my next jean purse. So check out my etsy site for the jean purses that I will be making in the next couple of months. CheriesPlace

No comments:

Post a Comment